Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wild mustangs...

Day 3. We woke up after a great night of sleep, Sadie slept until 8am. Thank you 4D batteries. We ate breakfast, packed up and got up to the Hot Springs pool as soon as it opened. It was awesome. It had a beautiful view, and it was super clean. We all had fun swimming, even Sadie. After about an hour and a half we hit the road. We drove through the badlands, and got to Rock Springs just in time to visit the BLM office. The nice lady there gave Sierra posters and all kinds of information on how to adopt a wild horse, God bless her. Sierra has not been the same since she learned that a wild mustang can be adopted for only $125 dollars. I don't know how a kid that "hates math" and "can't possibly do all those problems" can figure out in about 30 seconds that it will only take about 5 months to save enough to adopt a wild mustang. After the propaganda visit, we got to go out to the observation deck and spent about an hour while Sierra picked out all the horses she was going to adopt with some binoculars. You can guess what the evening conversation was about. After staying at the most awesome campground in the world the night before, we stayed at the Rock Springs KOA, and it was...well, it had a pool, and it had wireless. My mother always said "if you can't say something nice...".

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing till I'm crying on this one!

    But WAIT! maybe I should just be crying - uh, where does Sierra want to KEEP her adopted mustang...?

    PS: Echo has been a very good girl. She got her hoof caught in the hose when I was changing the sprinkler on the pasture and (Bless Davy's training) stood there for me to untangle her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly enough, she never considered your house as an option, there are like 500 rules about adopting a mustang and one of them is that you can't have hotwire. But it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think it's wonderful for her to want to do this and I am happy to help in any way I can. Daddy thinks so too, he thought it was pretty cute - the math thing especially...

    ReplyDelete